|
i'd lie
|
|
|
Your tagboard codes here. Width <220px. cbox recommended.
|
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 @ 6:48 AM
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me-E... Happy birthday to me ! My birthday surprise was to dissect a RAT ! ! We had to pair up but these two girls refused to touch the rat AT ALL.. my group was the only group with three members.. and we stood there staring at eachother, then stared at the rat on the dissecting-wax tray, then at eachother again... I dont have to say this and you all should know WHO ended up cutting open that rat.. and guess what, we still have to BUY gloves from our teachers.. omg, and one piece of glove costs 25 cents -.- I really feel like burning down this school.. Anyway, I didnt bring $$ with me to class.. its in my locker but I did not want to go all the way to get that 25cents, so this girl in my group bought two gloves and we were suppose to tie the rat's feet using string, securing it, and looped the string behind and all around the tray.. she tied the rat's feet reluctantly and while she was tying it, she was urg-ing and eew-ing and yuck-ing and breathing heavily.. JUST TO TIE THE RAT'S FEET?? I did a dissection course in RV but that was on a mouse 2 weeks old.. and ALIVE some more.. the rat we had today was three times bigger than that mouse and was STIFF.. it was soaked in formalin.. so when I cut it open, the muscles and skin were stuck together and HARD.. plus there was no blood at all..*disappointed* sighssssss! ............... HAHAHA, I know, I'm spastic :P The one of the girls was crying :S.. I didnt enjoy this dissection cuz after that class, I was almost vomiting.. cuz the formalin was too strong.. I would be better if it was a fresh rat.. as in seriously, cuz I dont mind blood.. I think I smell formalin now, and I'm still feeling sick about it.. hmmm, I really wonder how I'll survive third year medicine, cuz med students will have to take anatomy classes whereby they dissect a dead human body(which must have been soaked in MORE formalin).. Formalin smelling session for the remaining biology classes.. with two group members squealing behind me as I yank out the intestines, kidneys and lungs.. otherwise, I think I'm pretty okay with cutting up that rat, afterall, its already dead and it does not look as cute as the mouse we dissected in RV.. You know, in RV, my group was among the last to cut up tt mouse cuz we were busy stroking the mouse's fur... then on our first 'cut' into its skin, we were saying 'sorry' repeatedly until we finish slitting.. |